Friday 13 September 2013

Strategy Statement

The concealment of my two characters 'H 2' is represented throughout various points on my custom Island I have made. The inspiration for my island came from the concept of  Mount Vesuvius at Pompeii. The devastating Volcano destroyed the entire civilization when it errupted, leaving nothing but remnants of a distant past behind. In this level, I have attempted to create a similar notion, using particle effects of smoke and fire to depict the volcanic erruption at the tip of the Mountain, whilst using a proximity trigger and shake to cause tremors throughout the island in certain spots. To add to this notion, I have created a custom texture for my lava, which moves throughout the island.

My 5 depictions of H2 are seen clearly throughout the island. As stated below in my blog, I have 5 variations, all of different size.

1. The largest is the H2 created from rock masses halfway down the volcano. This can be viewed from the top of the volcano or from a distant height, which I will show in my video.

2. The next biggest is the flowing lava down the side of the volcano. Whilst walking up the side of the Mountain it cannot be viewed, however, once standing upon a rock platform, the two characters become very obvious.

3. As we continue the H2 gets smaller. The next one is seen at the end of the volcanic lava stream, conveyed through the placement of rocks within the lava stream. Just as remnants of Pompeii have lasted throughout time, so do these volcanic Rocks which protrude the surface of the lava.

4. The next H2 is seen through the placement of logs within the forest section of the environment. The Logs are there to demonstrate the constraints of time within nature. Although the trees have fallen, they have left behind a portion of their existence.

5. The 5th depiction of H2 is seen in the ruins which lay upon the side of the beach. Once an Ancient civilization, these ruins lay as a memory to the once mighty race who lived there. The H2, seen on the ground with tattered papers, allows one to see into the distant past. A memory of what used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment